Promo resources & inspiration for public library staff
25 Oct 2022
Assisting libraries in promoting Story Box Library to patrons in their community, promotional resources for printed and digital use are here! Register below to download ready-to-use assets and resources, encouraging patrons to use Story Box Library at the library or in the comfort of their own home.
Available resources for public libraries
Use these printable cards to stick up on the fridge, with a space for patrons to write in helpful login details to ensure they can access Story Box Library quickly and easily.
Our Shelf Talkers showcase some of the story collections found in our digital library, including CBCA Book Week, Anzac Day, NAIDOC Week, plus stories related to themes of STEM and emotions and wellbeing. As we add regularly to our Shelf Talker collection, keep an eye on our monthly newsletters and social media for updates.
Downloadable and printable bookmarks with handy information to provide to library patrons, available now via our new Resources page.
5 Helpful Hints
A downloadable and hyperlinked PDF that offers 5 hints for libraries to engage patrons with Story Box Library. It offers links to the resources in this article, plus suggested descriptions and placement on library websites.
Stickers & Decals
In addition to these downloadable resources, Story Box Library provides stickers for your library’s promotions and engagement. Ideal for placing on book covers, sharing after library storytimes or including in craft and activity packs. Decals, featuring a handy QR code directing patrons to our login page can also be used for placement on the floor or window or your library’s children’s section. Subscribers can request a supply of stickers or decals here from James Bennett, our exclusive public library sales partner.
Shareable social media tiles
For use across Facebook and Instagram, shareable images and tiles which help promote the features and benefits of Story Box Library to your patrons. Includes shareable testimonials from librarians, library staff and families across the country, patrons can get inspired and learn more about using Story Box Library at the library or home!
For those with an active Story Box Library account, share this link with librarians and library staff, so they can receive expert tips on engaging library patrons using our digital platform, inspiring articles, important updates and online events for professional development.
Find out more from librarians and library staff just like you, who are using Story Box Library in their community to engage and inspire, via our regular blog article features spotlighting libraries.
- Lauren Tyrrell, librarian and diverse children’s literature advocate from Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula, told the SBL team about her excitement and passion for promoting literacy to children and families in her community, and how she integrates SBL into their services.
- Kelly Lynch, Children’s and Youth Services Coordinator from Mt Gambier Library, spoke to SBL about how their library integrates SBL into their library programs, encourages a love of reading in kids of all ages, and benefits the community to grow and connect.
- Kelly Makepeace, from Central Northern Library, shared findings from a project she undertook to improve accessibility for children’s books at her library, helping young kids with language and literacy skills in her Tamworth community.
- Gabbi Wylie, Children’s and Young Adult Librarian from the City of Ryde Libraries, in New South Wales, offers insights about the range of library programs offered throughout her community and the benefits of using digital mediums in delivering library services.
- Meet Librarian Storyteller of the Year Winner, Frankie Jaiyeola, sharing her special connection to the library and the wonder of storytelling.