Help and FAQs
Please refer to our FAQs below for a range of information about Story Box Library subscriptions, technical queries, user guidelines and other common queries. If you can't find an answer to your question and require technical assistance, please contact our support team and we'll respond as quickly as we can.
About Story Box Library
How To Guides
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my account details?
- How do I use playlists?
- How do I turn on closed captions?
- How do I view usage statistics?
- How do I AirPlay or cast Story Box Library videos to my TV?
- How do I redeem a gift voucher?
- How do I update my credit card details?
- How do I cancel my recurring subscription?
- How do I upgrade my Family subscription from monthly to annual?
- How can I download receipts for past payments?
- How do I make changes to my e-newsletter subscription?
- How often are new stories be added to your collection?
- Can I find stories for the Premier's Reading Challenge in my state?
- How are your books selected?
- Can I nominate a book or storyteller for you to consider?
- How are your storytellers selected?
- Can I nominate myself to become a Story Box Library storyteller?
- Can your stories and associated material be viewed on any other websites?
- Can I download a full list of all the available stories?
- Do yours stories come with QR codes?
Subscriptions - General
- What types of Subscriptions are available?
- I am an Early Childhood Service in Victoria and would like to find out more about SBL's inclusion on the School Readiness Menu
- What do Subscriptions include?
- My requirements don't fit any of the subscription types; do you provide custom quotes?
- I don’t live in Australia or New Zealand. Can I still take out a subscription?
- Can I purchase a subscription as a gift for somebody else?
- Does a subscription run from the purchase date or is it based on a calendar year?
- What's the difference between an Account Holder and a Viewer?
- Do I have to become a subscriber in order to receive to your email updates?
- What is Activity Time?
Subscriptions - Libraries
- What are the benefits of Story Box Library for public libraries and patrons?
- How do I log in as a public library patron?
- What if I receive an error that my barcode number or Story Box Library-registered password are incorrect?
- How can I remain logged in on the website?
- As a public library patron and educator, am I allowed to use my public library access in my classroom?
- What authentication options are available for patrons of a library with a Public Library subscription?
- Do you support patron access via SIP2?
- How do I update our library's barcode range, local IP addresses or referring domains?
- How do I change the way my library's name appears on the library log in page?
- What do the different types of views and logins mean?
Subscriptions - Schools
- What are the benefits of Story Box Library for schools and students?
- How do we set up SSO for the Story Box Library website and StoryBox apps?
- What resources do you provide for educational institutions?
- What payment options do you provide for school subscriptions?
- Can I purchase a subscription to cover only certain grades or do I need a whole school subscription?
- How can we fund a Story Box Library subscription if our budget has already been allocated?
- Can students use the school subscription to access Story Box Library at home?
- Can we control whether Viewers can edit playlists?
- How do I set up the Story Box Library integration for Oliver V5?
- Are there any tips for setting up SBL in Oliver V5?
- What are Classroom Ideas?
- What are Student Task Sheets?
- Where can I find Graphic Organiser and Thinking Tool resources?
- Can we save our Viewer password to make logging on easier for young students?
- Can you provide URLs embedded with our school's Viewer username and password?
- Can I block specific videos so they don't show up?
- Our Viewer login works on one type of device (eg computers) but not others (eg iPads) - why doesn't it work everywhere?
- What is 'streaming', and why is Story Box Library limited to streaming?
- Do I need a fast internet connection to watch Story Box Library videos?
- Which browsers can I use to watch the Story Box Library videos?
- Why is my browser warning me that my Story Box Library password has been compromised?
- Can I watch Story Box Library videos on a tablet or smartphone?
- Why can't I find the story I'm looking for using the search box?
- Can I vary playback speed?
- What is error code 232011 or 101102 and how do I fix it?
- What should I do if the videos I watch are slow or choppy?
- What is video buffering and how do I do it?
- Troubleshooting tips