What you need:
• Writing tools (pen, pencil etc.)
• Coloured pencils or crayons
- An acrostic poem is a poem in which the first letters of each line spell out a word or phrase. Write an acrostic poem to describe Banjo and/or Ruby Red.
- Firstly, write the character’s name vertically down the left hand side of a piece of paper. Use capitals as this makes it easier to see the word.
- Use each letter of the character’s name to start a sentence or a description of the character. You might like to brainstorm a few words/ideas first and use these words or phrases on the lines that begin with the same letters.
- When you have finished describing your character, illustrate your poetry.