Back to FAQs
Why choose Story Box Library over other 'free' storytelling websites?
- Story Box Library focuses solely on local stories and voices.
- Our library now consists of close to 300 stories.
- We licence rights to use the books in our collection from publishers and rightsholders and a significant portion of subscription fees is used to pay ongoing copyright fees that support creators and, in turn, the ANZ publishing industry.
- Each story comes with tailored Classroom Ideas and/or Activity Time that are specifically created for the Australian Curriculum, further connecting children to the themes of each story.
- Our storytellers are chosen to ensure a broad range of voices, ages, gender and backgrounds to ensure diversity.
- We regularly add new stories, currently 40-60 each year.
- Access is free for families and students to access at home via participating public libraries and schools.
- Closed Captions are available for each story.
- Our website is completely free of any advertising.