Back to FAQs
What should I do if the videos I watch are slow or choppy?
If your video playback isn’t smooth, here are some things you can try:
- Pause any large downloads that are in progress while you're trying to watch videos.
- Close other browser tabs and windows. This can make a huge difference!
- Let the video buffer before you view it.
- Click or tap the 'cog' icon then the bar graph icon to select a lower video resolution (eg 480p or 240p).
- Make sure you have either the latest version of Flash running on your computer, or use a browser with native HTML5 support such as Chrome or Safari.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Restart your computer/device.
- Check your internet connection - if other videos (eg YouTube) are also choppy, you might need to speak with your IT technician or internet service provider.