Back to FAQs
What are the benefits of Story Box Library for schools and students?
- Introduce children to new books or to explore the work of a favourite author/illustrator.
- Use during reading/writing sessions to show children that reading is fun.
- Make connections to Curriculum themes and positive values and encourage students to explore personal, social and cultural differences.
- Related Classroom Notes for each story, linked to Curriculum.
- Closed captions option available for each story.
- Children can experience 'meeting' real authors/illustrators through short films, and find out what motivates them and how they work.
- Use to explore language features such as rhyming words, adjectives and verbs. Highlight interesting vocabulary in stories.
- Develop comprehension skills by asking children to watch stories then write comprehension questions for each other.
- Ask students to make personal connections with stories and to consider both author's and illustrator's messages, both through words and images.
- Stories are springboard to discuss writing techniques and how language use and aesthetic design combine to make a quality story.
- ESL students can develop their spoken language by watching stories and hearing English words. Teachers can highlight key vocabulary and encourage children to develop growing English skills.
- Highlight, experiment and develop reading expression. Focus on the voices that are used to indicate characters' feelings and actions.